I love Italian! Both sides of my family came over from the beautiful boot shaped place and my taste buds apparently came over on the boat along with my ancestors!
But I am a new momma and wife with a full time job, so rolling out my own pasta is just not in the cards right now. But finding fun and easy recipes that satisfy the cravings is and I wanted to share this one with you!
What you’ll need:
1 pound of chicken (I buy the Perdue strips because you’ll need to cut them into chunks anyway)
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I’m really like Prego’s Farmer’s Market Tomato and Basil Sauce)
1 can of Pilsbury Crescent Rolls
1.5 cups of shredded Mozzarella
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Italian Bread crumbs
- Preheat oven for Pilsbury Crescent Rolls
- Roll out your crescent rolls on a cooking sheet as it states on directions
- Cut chicken into about two inch chunks
- Take a sautee pan and add a few drops if EVOO and then cook chicken on Medium
- While cooking your chicken, pour your sauce into a medium sauce pan and heat up
- Once chicken looks completely done, add half of your sauce into pan with your chicken
- Then take your mozzarella and add 1.5 cups in with your chicken mix and stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Take a large tablespoon and add your chicken mix to the center of each open crescent roll (one heaping spoonful should be enough for each roll. Make sure you don’t add too much because you will need to be able to wrap up all the chicken.)
- Roll up ingredients until dough covers all the mix inside
- Take EVOO and brush oil over each roll
- Roll each roll in Italian bread crumbs until fully covered and place back on your cooking sheet
- Bake rolls for 15- 20 minutes until done
- Once rolls are done add a drop of spaghetti sauce to the top of each.
- Take your extra sauce and put into dipping dishes for each member of family
I always add a salad to the meal and some strawberries with Nutella for a sweet side!
Let me know in the comments below if you try it and how your family likes it!