“I urge you, for the sake of your family, take the fight into your prayer room rather than your living room.” -Priscilla Shirer
Last week, I wrote a post called “the most powerful woman is a praying woman.” I realized that what I was missing was that true connection with God. Praying in the morning but not actually going to him for EVERYTHING!
“Don’t worry about anything instead pray about everything!” Phillipians 4:6
But what if we feel like our prayers are weak or we get distracted too easily? Or what if we feel like we simply aren’t sure how to pray and it doesn’t feel right or like we are even being heard?
I envy people who seem to have this strong connection with God through prayer. It just seems like everything they pray for gets answered. If I have something going on, they are the ones I call on to pray for me! Lol. So how do we become one of those women? The women that people go to for prayer.
Here are 5 ways I’ve recently learned to becoming a powerful prayer warrior:
1. Find your Identity! Remember who you are because of whose you are! Just like you long to hear from your kids, God longs to hear from His children too. When we remember this, we can talk to Him and know it isn’t a burden or boring but a delight to Him. We can just share our heart and our feelings and KNOW that is powerful prayer!
2. Find your passion! Prayer comes from passion for a God who can change things. How do we get passionate about God? Get in His Word! Join a Bible study group (the link to join our online group is in the menu!). Or simply make time to read the Bible to see all the times He has been faithful!
3. Find your Focus! Satan is REAL. He prowls around looking to destroy. When you can concentrate on the real enemy that is messing with you kids, your friends, your husband, then you know who to attack in your prayer. Don’t attack the person, attack the enemy. He also knows how to distract you from being faithful in prayer. So when you are feeling distracted or “too busy” make it known to Satan that He isn’t going to win. And that God won that battle years ago on the cross!
4. Fight for your Family! Prayer makes all the difference for those you love. The best defensive work to protect your family against attack is to strengthen them through prayer. Power gets into our prayers when the power of love is present. And there is a strong feeling of love that comes up in our souls when we think of the ones that mean the most to us.
5. Forgive your past! Sometimes our past keeps us from praying powerfully because we feel undeserving and shameful. Your past doesn’t define you! It doesn’t disqualify you of the love of God. Remember: “God proves His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
I hope that these 5 tips are helpful to take to your prayer room. God wants to hear from you. Get in there. Start praying. We get better through experience. So just START!
We know more than anything, You want to hear from us. You don’t need us, just like a parent doesn’t need a child, but You want us. You delight in who we are. So let us come humbly to You today, with all our thoughts, feelings, baggage and burdens. Because we know it is there, that we will find that your yolk is easy and your burden is light. And we need that rest -the peace that surpasses all understanding that we can only find in You. We love You so much. We are so grateful for Your presence and that our flawed and unworthy lives can come to your Holy throne with everything and anything to be redeemed. In the name of Jesus we pray these prayers. Make them powerful through your power. Amen.